Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

My Future Kitchen Wish List

I love kitchen stores. All of them.

Le Gourmet Chef (R.I.P.)

Don’t even get me started on online shopping for cooking tools. From the Seen-On-TV collection to the Kitchen Aid I dream about, there’s always something new and full of possibility hidden in these stores.

I was in The Kitchen Collection this past week with my mom, making a wish list of appliances and ridiculous tools for my future kitchen.  Some of my choices are realistic, a set of chef knives, others are a bit more frivolous; I mean who doesn’t want a professional sno-cone maker.


My future kitchen still exist in the hypothetical, but here are the top three items I plan to stock my future adult kitchen with:

Victorinox Rosewodd 7-Piece Knife Set

My first purchase is definitely going to be a set of knives. I believe that a good set of knives is the backbone of a kitchen, unfortunately they are a big investment. A set of professional knives can run upwards of $2000. I have no plans of becoming a professional, but I want a quality set of knives for all aspects of cooking. The Victorinox Knife set is the best bet for a beginner or advanced home cook. The set comes with a paring knife, serrated utility knife, a chef's knife, a bread knife, kitchen shears, and honing steel. All of the knives are made of high-carbon steel and they are made by the original makers of the Swiss Army Knife. You can't go wrong with this set.

Cast Iron Skillet

I'd love an entire set of cast iron cookware, but the essential item is the skillet. My current apartment lacks the outdoor space to grill and my current IKEA cookware doesn't cut it when I want a perfectly grilled steak. A cast iron skillet is a staple of the kitchen that will allow me to take my food from the stove top directly to the oven. My mouth waters dreaming of a future steak, perfectly crusted on the outside and a juicy pink in its center. The Le Creuset Signature line offers a 9" skillet that fits within my budget and comes in a variety of fun colors.

KitchenAid Food Processor

I know from my extensive, and some intensive, viewing of the Food Network that a high-quality food processor can make all of your cooking dreams come true. While my Rival mini-chopper does wonders, it only holds 1.5 cups. The KitchenAid 7-cup Food Processor not only has more than enough volume, the continuous feed feature makes it easy to add in food without having to restart. From crumbles, to sauces, to soups a food processor is the solution to so many of my cooking dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment