Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hatchery Box - February

My Hatchery box has finally arrived. The weather wrecking havoc on the East Coast delayed my first delivery, but now it is here. I am so excited to get cooking!

Hatchery.co is a monthly subscription service that delivers samples of artisan ingredients from local companies across the United States. Each box contains 5 artisan ingredients and a tasting guide. The tasting guide provides information about where each of the ingredients comes from, who makes them and a link to a recipe. Everything in the box is handpicked just for me!

Now it’s time to unveil my handpicked ingredients.




I was so excited to see this in my box. I honestly had just watched an episode of Chopped a few days previously where a chef used Champagne Vinaigrette on a salad and it looked scrumptious. The tasting guide came with a recipe for a citrus salad with fennel, red onion, and mint that looks amazing and will be added to next weeks menu.


I didn’t even wait for something to put this peanut butter on. I cracked that jar open as soon as it was out of its packaging and ate a big spoonful. I have no regrets. This is a white chocolate peanut butter that has been infused with cinnamon, there was absolutely no way it could be anything less than amazing and it wasn’t. I want to order this peanut butter by the gallon.


Wooo, this baby should come with a warning sign. I like spicy food; I can handle the heat, so I’ve been telling myself I was simply unprepared. I poured out a little bit of this hot sauce for chicken tender the other night and I got a kick to the tongue. It was delicious, but I also drank half a glass of lemonade immediately afterwards. The accompanying recipe is forHuevos Rancheros, which I hope to try out this weekend.


It smells a-mazing. It’s also the perfect amount of spice for one meal, which is extra nice because I won’t have an odd bit left over. The provided recipe is for Moroccan Chicken with Apricots and Olives, but I’m thinking it might be nice for a paella dish.


I had to Google this ingredient. I had never heard of Tea Seed Oil before, but from what I’ve read it’s an extremely healthy alternative to olive oil. The description says the oil lacks flavor, which can be a good thing, I suppose?  I’m going to try it out the next time I sauté vegetables.



No comments:

Post a Comment